Detoxifying your body is a process that in actually quite natural. It is only because of poor lifestyle choices that we make that toxins pile up in our body. This makes us sluggish, irritable and very susceptible to health disorders. To prevent unwanted toxins form hindering a good life, try these simple lifestyle changes for regular body detox and cleansing.
What is Detoxification?
Most of our bodily functions are not optimum because of our habits and lifestyle choices. With habits like alcohol consumption, smoking and junk food addiction, we strip our body of essential nutrients required to generate necessary digestive enzymes. As a result, all the digested food is not eliminated from our system and is retained in the intestinal wall. Here, it is decomposed by bacteria to release toxins that circulate in our system to cause various health issues. In many cases, rotting waste material up to 60 pounds was extracted during detoxification procedures.
Detox, therefore, essentially means removing the accumulated waste material from the body to clear up the system. This can be done artificially by consuming supplements and choosing procedures like hydrotherapy.
In most cases, body detox can be regulated on a daily basis with the help of simple lifestyle adaptations.
Lifestyle Changes to Aid Body Detox
• Include lots of fibre in your diet. Foods like cabbage., broccoli, spinach, seaweed and beets work really well as detox agents. You can even consume brown rice and fresh organic fruits.
• Herbs like dandelion root and burdock are great to cleanse the liver. You can include them in green tea for maximum benefits.
• Ensure that you consume vitamin C on a regular basis. This vitamin aids the production of glutathione in the liver to boost toxin elimination.
• Drink plenty of water. Keeping your system hydrated well actually requires consumption of water equal to half your body weight.
• Exercises that include cardio and practices like yoga help you imbibe more oxygen resulting in oxidation of toxins and consequent elimination in the form of liquids.
• Make sure you sleep well to ensure that your body’s system is well regulated and rejuvenated to function at its best.
• Visiting a spa or a sauna regularly helps remove toxins from the surface of the skin. This can also be aided by scrubbing and exfoliation.
How Does Detox Help?
Detoxification helps the body’s natural cleansing mechanism by:
• Providing the body with necessary nutrients to stimulate the production of digestive enzymes.
• Improving blood circulation.
• Enhancing the toxin elimination from the kidneys, skin and intestines.
• In case you are fasting, you are actually resting your natural detox system and helping them rejuvenate and function better.
It is believed that a good detox program actually addresses the needs of each and every cell in the body. Imagine catering to these needs on a regular basis. You not only keep yourself fit but also increase longevity substantially.